Guidance‎ > ‎


Registration FAQ's:
1.  What math should I take?  If you are planning to take Calculus, you need to take Honors Pre-Calculus.  If not, take Advanced Functions or Discrete Math.  Advanced Functions is a good precursor to College Algebra. 

Schedule Changes: 

Drop/Add forms must be filled out in order to change your schedule.
We do not change schedules based on teacher preferences! 
Students, please remember that we can only complete schedule changes the first 10 ten days of the semester (both Fall and Spring)!!!!! 

Drop/Add Period: Currently Closed

North Carolina Driver's Eligibility Certification/Form:
Students need this form in order to obtain a NC Driving Permit
When obtaining this form students must have the following: 
      Original Copy of Birth Certificate
      Original Copy of Social Security Card
      NC Driver's Education Completion Form
      Student must pass at least three of the four courses 
      (Grades are pulled from the previous semester's report card)
      Parental Signature
These forms must be completed at Riverside.  Parents must come in to see Mrs. Griffin or Mrs. Stanton to complete the Eligibility form. 

What requirements do I need to fulfill in order to graduate high school? 

--Do not forget that Martin County Schools requires one technology course credit! 

--Students need a total of 26 credits in order to graduate high school. 

Interested in an Internship or Apprenticeship? 

Contact Linda Williford: 
(252) 799-9000

See Mrs. Griffin or Mrs. Stanton for an Internship/Apprenticeship Application, and begin to think about what your career interests may be! 

Josten's Information: 
Toll free number is 1-800-854-7464
You can create a class ring, place orders for announcements, caps and gowns.  
Check out 
Our representative's name is Jason Hogan.
If you have any additional questions about Josten's, please see Ms. Cowan.

Interested in purchasing a yearbook? Interested in working with the yearbook? 
Please contact Melissa Morlock with any questions or inquiries.

Transcript Requests: 
Graduates who are seeking a copy or copies of their official high school transcript, must stop by the main office and see Jamila Kimbrough for a transcript request form, or they can download a copy and mail it in.  Download a transcript request form here:  Transcript Release Form.doc
The form must be filled out, returned to Riverside, and all individuals must pay a fee of $3.00.

Please allow 3 to 5 business days for transcript requests to be processed.